Product Review: Noughty To The Rescue Shampoo and Conditioner

Hey guys, I hope your Monday is going well! I know it sucks to be stuck at work but at least the lovely Spring weather is on it’s way, and we can finally kiss goodbye to those Winter blues for another year.

So this is another one of those product reviews that I promised you guys (if you follow me on Instagram you’ll know that I bought this product roughly a month ago and I’ve only just posted this so I’m sorry about that, guys) and it is finally here for you to have a read. I promise in future to be more motivated when it comes to my product reviews but for now, this is just a quick review as many of the questions related to this product are answered on the official website’s FAQ page. I’ve added the link at the bottom of this post for you guys in case you’re interested.

This product is 100% cruelty-free and vegan-friendly which is always a win in my book. As I’ve said before I don’t like testing on animals whatsoever so it’s really nice to see new products on the market that are supporting the welfare of animals. This product is also 97% natural – the other 3% is made up of fragrances, preservatives and emulsifying agents.

I’ve never tried shampoo or conditioner that is meant to be as natural as Noughty’s products so I wasn’t really certain of what to expect. When I saw it I really wanted to try it because it was new in-store and it focused on the repairing of damaged hair, which is a constant battle for me. Noughty also does a various range of shampoo and conditioners based on hair-type, such as curles, for example. It has lovely packaging and it wasn’t going to break the bank as the shampoo and conditioner was £6.99 each from Superdrug, which if you didn’t know already, is my favourite shop in my small town. It also smells great – like, really great. It has a hint of marzipan and I couldn’t get enough of it’s scent when I used it.

I am not going to lie to you, girls and boys – I am prone to greasy hair. I try my best to hold out in this department as washing your hair too frequently can cause it damage and that’s the last thing I want. I try to wash my hair every three days but even then sometimes that is pushing it. I found that even though the product is free from parabems this shampoo was slightly harsh on my hair and it felt quite dry afterwards. It also became greasier quicker, but this is due to the absence of silicones and other chemicals. I’ve read the FAQ page on the website (link is below) and it is recommended that you continue to use the product for a forther eight washes so your hair can detox itself. I used the shampoo until the bottle was empty and I found that my hair did in fact feel better after several uses.

Don’t be alarmed if you try this shampoo and find that it doesn’t lather up like other shampoos on the market. While this can be frustrating because it doesn’t feel like you’re getting anywhere when you’re washing your hair, it’s because this shampoo is free from sulphates, so it is actually healthier for your hair. This shampoo and conditioner is the way to go if you’re trying to be rid of damaging hair products once and for all – it just takes a little getting used to. I would suggest always using the conditioner along with the shampoo, just in case it dries out your hair. This way you have added protection to your locks and I personally found that the conditioner works wonders. My hair felt really soft after use, and the bottles are of a generous size so you don’t have to use it sparingly.

You can find the official website here, where you can purchase Noughty products and read their FAQs in case there’s anything I’ve missed. I hope this post was helpful, see you guys next week! Xoxo

DISCLAIMER:

I am not in any way sponsored by Noughty and therefore make no profits from my review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s